The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) sets privacy and data protection requirements for the handling of personal data. For many organizations, this means that measures need to be taken to ensure compliance with privacy and data protection requirements. For some, this includes the mandatory designation of a Data Protection Officer (DPO). With our DPO as a Service, we offer qualified external DPO’s who take on an active partner role within your organization, fully in line with the DPO requirements under the GDPR.
A good starting point
With DPO as a Service (DPOaaS), Considerati registers as your organisation’s official DPO. As a DPO, we take care of all the mandatory tasks and responsibilities which are expected of a DPO. For example, we proactively and independently supervise compliance with privacy and data protection laws and provide practical training sessions for your employees. In addition, as a DPO we fulfil an advisory role whereby we partner with your business to take your GDPR compliance level forward.
DPOaaS is available on a part-time or full-time basis and is a flexible service which can be tailored to your organization. Considerati has the benefit of being a registered DPO for many organizations, active across various sectors. The exact provision of our DPOaaS may depend on various factors, such as:
- The size of your organization, taking into account the centralized or decentralized decision making processes;
- Your organization’s ambition in the field of privacy and data protection;
- Your organization’s GDPR maturity level (meaning how GDPR has been implemented within the organization at the time Considerati becomes DPO).
What can you expect from us?
With DPOaaS, Considerati offers your organization a designated DPO who also sits in the Considerati legal team. All consultants have a legal background and deep-rooted knowledge of privacy and data protection laws and regulations, including vast experience with GDPR implementation projects and the setting up of robust Privacy Governance Frameworks. Our legal consultants are known for providing practical advice and being true business partners who know how to embed privacy and data protection requirements without obstructing an organization’s business aims.
Through our DPOaaS solution, your organization will gain a trusted advisor who is able to cooperate with the relevant stakeholders throughout the business, for high quality and practical advice on GDPR. Throughout the service, the DPO will take on a proactive approach and, in doing so, will closely consider your organizations’ broader business ambitions and strategy. Of course, our DPO will independently monitor GDPR compliance and flag issues which require improvement.
The services performed by Considerati under DPOaaS will include the following:
- Providing strategic and practical advice on ensuring compliance with GDPR obligations;
- Monitoring GDPR compliance throughout the organization;
- Providing training and awareness sessions on the GDPR;
- Providing advice and support with regard to Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs);
- Providing answers to questions from employees, customers and external parties related to privacy and data protection;
- Assisting in the event of security incidents and handling personal data breaches, including notification obligations;
- Communicating with supervisory authorities on behalf of, and in alignment with, your organization; and
- Providing ongoing information and updates on relevant developments in the field of digital technology, privacy and data protection.
As part of the DPOaaS, Considerati includes as standard a professional liability insurance of up to € 10.000.000.
If your organization already has a DPO, we have a solution for your organization as well. Many DPO’s experience a lack of resources, mostly due to lack of time, knowledge or experience with modern-day issues. To support your DPO, Considerati offer the service DPO Support.